Calypso’s Cave: It is in the west of the island, near Aspri Ammos beach and is only accessible by private boats). It is 100m long, 10m wide. width and height 20m.
Possibility of underwater photography due to the peculiar geomorphology of the seabed and the numerous caves.
Hiking on the traditional paths of the island, which were created by its first inhabitants. It is worth walking up to Imerovigli which is the highest peak, through the traditional path of 1300 meters, from where the visitor can gaze at the Ionian and the Adriatic.
In Xylosermi, southwest of the Village and at about 200 meters from it, there is the Sunset spot, which offers a unique sight, especially in the sunset. It is located on the edge of a cliff on a steep mountainside.
The “cocoon of Francezos”: it is a wedge of rock, like a cocoon, which is climbable from the inside because it is carved and has an entrance that you cannot easily distinguish because it is only visible from the Adriatic side.
The old stone mill in Damascus.
The lighthouse of the island: It is located at the north-eastern end, at Cape Kastri, at the top of the hill at an altitude of 100m, near the ruins of the Venetian fort. Built in 1872, it is 13m high. and is the first lighthouse encountered by those sailing from the north towards the Ionian. It emits a white flash every 10 seconds and is visible within a radius of 21 nautical miles.
The neoclassical building, from 1912, of the Primary School, in Ammos, which no longer functions.
The white stone cross of 1833 on the Kalodiki hill, at an altitude of 217 m., which commemorates the massacre of the island’s inhabitants by Barbarossa in 1537.
The monument in the port of Ammos dedicated to the Othonοi sailors who perished in a shipwreck in 1991.
In the bay of Phyki there is the sunken shipwreck of the ship Sara.
Visit to the old churches of Agia Triada (late 17th century), Panagia (17th century), Agios Georgios (circa 1864) and Agia Paraskevi.
The church of Agios Georgios at the highest point of the Village, which was built in 1864.
Festival on August 15, the day of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
© 2021-2022, Company Inc. All rights reserved.